My Family Scrapbook

Monday, March 23, 2009

I Love A Challenge !

And that is what this was. My friend Susan emailed me with a picture of this sheet of paper.



And she challenged me to replicate a few of those birds using dies. She wasn't picky about which dies I was to use. So I pulled out the Spellbinders, QuicKutz, and Boss Kuts and tried to come as close as I could. I was fine until I got to the birds' feet!

No die was going to make his feet unless I pieced them together which would have been okay but I got out my trusty Cricut, George Cartridge, and my Cricut Design Studio to make the feet.

I have to say it was fun to do something out of the norm. Here are my results:



They aren't an exact match for the birds on the paper but they are close enough. I even went to far as to put google eyes on one of them, just for fun.

Be challenged this week - try something new and different. Experiment with different shapes to create something new and unique.

Happy Scrappin' !!!

Brenda

3 comments:

Kristen H said...

I love to come up with new ways to use the dies. What a great bunch of birds! This is great idea, to try and match things with dies you have, I always try it the other way around and make other stuff with the dies.

Mary said...

How cute Brenda! You did a FABULOUS job replicating the little birds. What an awesome talent you have!!!!!

Susan said...

oh yes - Brenda you're AMAZING! just put these on the SL blog cuz I had to share with the masses!

thanks a million...now to recreate some in lime green!!!!

hee hee