My Family Scrapbook

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

This Was A "Must" For Me

When I got an recent Archiver's email I went a little "ga-ga" over this little snowman. I could not wait to try to make him. It reminded me of technique I did as a child and used an old Reader's Digest and folded the pages to create an accordion type Christmas Tree, Snowman, or Santa head. This is a little different because this is "rosettes" that are stacked to form the shape and then other parts that are formed, quilled, or punched for accents.

I did take mine a step farther and added a "music button" to mine that plays "Frosty The Snowman." (Something I happened to have on-hand.)

This was not hard to make, it only took cardstock, patience, and time to complete.

Here is my finished snowman:










Archiver's had a pattern for a pumpkin, Christmas Tree, and Snowman. All of them using the same technique to make.... all of them simple.... and all of them a great decoration or gift.

I can not re-post the pattern because it is not mine to give BUT I will link you to the Archiver's site. Click Here for the Link!

And you are ready to go! I had all of the supplies on hand but if you don't there is an Archiver's near you or use the Archiver's Annex to purchase what you need.

I will give you a hint..... it is much easier to score entire sheets of cardstock first and then cut them into strips and then accordion fold them. Either way you do it you will get the same results BUT it saved me time.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda

No comments: