My Family Scrapbook

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sorry That I Haven't Updated My Blog

Recently there have been some life altering happenings in my family. I haven't been able to sweep and mop my floors and I have only been doing the very basics to get by.

As most of you who read my blog know my mom had a horrible car accident on February 21, 2009. She had to have extensive surgery to repair her severely crushed legs and badly broken clavicle bone. Mom's doctors has had her as a "non-weight bearing" patient because her legs have not healed enough to learn to walk again. However, on April 17, 2009 mom developed a blood clot and had to be hospitalized. Mom has returned to the rehab center but is on complete bed rest. She receives minimal therapy at this point. She goes back to see her orthopedic doctors on May 21, 2009.

Then on the same day (April 17) my dad was getting a routine blood transfusion and had a reaction to the blood products and ended up in the ER. Dad was admitted to the hospital but then transferred the next day to a hospital that was more equipped to serve his cancer needs. Dad was in ICU for several days and now has been moved to the Intermediate Care Wing where he remains. Dad is not doing well and has developed other complications. We are not sure when or even if dad will be able to return home.

Right now I am at a stand still and am running between the Rehab Center and the hospital and still trying to maintain a little normalcy for my family. I am doing my best to keep up with my chores and all the while caring for my parents cat and their home (things like mowing the grass.)

I am hoping to find a little time soon to sit at my scrap table and to up date my blog properly. I apologize for not keeping up with this but I am sure all of you understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your sick family,hope they get better & you need to take so time to recharge yourself.And talk to friends & family.Polly