My Family Scrapbook

Monday, April 6, 2009

Little Gifts For Easter

Every Easter I make a few little gifts, they aren't big or fancy gifts, they are just something to let others know that I am thinking of them. I give them to the girls at work, girls I scrapbook with, children that I teach at CCD, or I give them to my parents to hand out to special people who take care of them.

This year is no exception and tell me who doesn't love a little gift on their dinner plate, or on their bed pillow, or even just handed to them with an understood little "thank you."

Each person at my dinner table will find an after dinner mint sandwiched between two layers of paper and in the form of an Easter Bunny. (Gotta love the bunny.)

QuicKutz offers so many shapes to make these. I pulled out the nesting flowers and nesting ovals to create these little guys. For his nose I used a valentine envelope die and cut only the heart and for his whiskers I used the new Easter Chick's legs and cut off the feet, and dots for the eyes. For a little flair, ink or chalk the edges and cheeks and add a little sparkle with Stickles, and don't forget to add the white pen dots to make their eyes come alive.

If you don't have those QuicKutz dies then pull out the Spellbinders. They have many similar shapes.



Spend an hour at your scrapbooking table and whip up a few of this furry little friends for special people in your lives. Then take a minute and relax and eat a mint.

Happy Scrappin' !!!

Brenda

No comments: