My Family Scrapbook

Monday, June 24, 2013

Back To Wood And An Original Basket

Now that spring is here and I can be in the garage without freezing I have been busy sawing again.  I didn't actually start this project at the saw though.  I put pen to paper and designed this one myself.  It  is somewhat rough in the aspect that because I drew this pattern myself, it is not perfect.  I did not design it using a computer program (although it probably would have been easier if I had that knowledge.)

The piece went together pretty easy for me but I learned a few things while making this.

First I will share the pictures of the basket:

Front view:


Side view:



And a view to show you that the handle does move:


The finished basket is fairly small.  The finished dimensions are from table to the top of the handle is about 7 1/4 inches tall.... from table to the top of the basket part is 3 1/2 inches tall. the basket is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches square.

At this point I am not sure how to share the pattern with all of you. I can't get the PDF file to copy here.  I am still learning how the "Blog" works.

I hope that this is an inspiration for all of you to try your hand at designing.  The reason that I decided to do this is I could not find a square basket that I liked and could see the basic concept of the design by looking at other patterns.    

Happy Crafting ! ! !

Brenda

No comments: