My Family Scrapbook

Monday, June 10, 2013

Card Making

Recently, at work, I had several co-workers lose family members.  I needed tasteful cards to use as sympathy cards.  For ideas I turned to Pinterest for my inspiration.  Anytime I scraplift I try to give credit where credit is due but in this case I never did find the original post so I am just going to say I found the ideas on Pinterest and leave it at that.

I also want to point out that when I scrap lift nothing ever looks exactly like the original because I never have the same materials.  So with that said I will just share the first card.

I used embossing folders, ribbon, brads, a punch, and my computer.


A full front view:


And then the sentiment on the inside of the card:


The sentiment was geared toward the arrangement that the employees went together and purchased and sent to the funeral home, which was a lantern with a flameless candle in it.

This shows you that with the white on white effect that you can make a tasteful handmade card for the most serious occasion.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda.

3 comments:

Nana Donna said...

Brenda
I love this card. I am very new to Pinterest and saw this card on there. I have to tell you I am going to scraplift this if it is OK with you and almost to the tee. What a perfect design for a sympathy card.
Hugs
Donna

Fareeda said...

I agree - this card if fabulous!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful I also scrap lifted this from you. It's absolutely classy