My Family Scrapbook

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Year In Review

I am very glad to be saying Good-Bye to 2009. It was a hard year for me and my entire family. We endured my mom being in a horrible car accident on February 21, 2009. That accident almost took her life. She endured surgery to rebuild her legs, had to learn to walk again, and faced coming home to an empty house.

While my mom was in the hospital and rehab, my father's illness became worse. I was traveling between his hospital and my mom's hospital or rehab center. Dad lost his courageous battle to cancer on May 11, 2009.

I wish that 2009 had been a better year but it wasn't and there is nothing any of can do about what is in the past.

So in saying good-bye to 2009 I also applaud my mom for her perseverance to recover and sadly say good-by to my dad. (But I know that I will see him again!)

I am not one for setting big goals at the turn of a new year. I don't plan too far into the future because I am a "take one moment at a time" type of person. I take this minute, hour, day at a time and pray that I get to see the next... and if I don't get to do that I know that there are other people waiting for me in heaven.

So with that said I did not set a weight loss goal, a scrap booking goal, or career goal. I did not make any promises that I can not keep nor did I say I would take on more than what I can handle. I look forward to 2010 with the enthusiasm of a child looking forward to a birthday (although I never look forward to my own birthday.)

I hope to get to continue to scrapbook, spend time with my family and friends, and have a renewed sense of faith.

Here is to 2010 ! ! !

Brenda

No comments: