My Family Scrapbook

Monday, December 7, 2015

Just Christmas Crafting

Life got so busy.  

News in my life includes me going back to school.   I start this Tuesday.  I am so excited about that.  I never thought at my age I would want to go back to school.

I am also going to be a first time Grandmother sometime in January.  My daughter-in-law, Kim, is actually due January 15, 2016.  

Also on life events, my daughter, Bree, starts Cosmetology School on January 4, 2016.  

We have been a busy family.

On a crafting note, I have been doing a lot of crafting and thought I would share a couple of the things that I have been making.  

Today I am sharing the snowmen.  

These are constructed out of a dinner sized plate for a base.  I turned the plate upside down.  Then  the body of these snowmen are either round fishbowls or vases.  The hats are a pillar candle base and a drinking glass.  The top hat is accented with half-marbles to form the scarf on the hat.  

ALL of the painting or snow effects are done inside the bowl.  

They are glued with a CLEAR water resistant/heat resistant glue.  



I was very pleased with my end result.  When the sunlight hits them there are rainbows on the walls.  I sold everyone that I made with the exception of the 4 that I have held back as gifts.

I love making things from things that people discard. 

1 comment:

deebi27 said...

I just love this, I made a fish bowl snowman several years ago from a picture in a magazine. It comes out each holiday season. Your creativity is fabulous and I am so sad, that no one commnented on this. This is awesome!